My $2 dollar shoes


All girls love shoes. Me, not so much. But there are times it's just so hard to turn down a pair of shoes because it's almost like taking them home for free.

So here's the pair of shoes I bought the other day:
















Guess how much I paid? I guess my title kind of gave it away. Yes, $2. To be exact, $1.98 plus tax. This pair of shoes is retailing for at least $60. Let me tell you how I found this pair of $60 shoes for $2.

There's this wonderful shoe store called DSW (Jim Cramer recommended this stock on Mad Money, along with Men's Warehouse). If you sign up for their rewards program, you'll get their coupons either in the mail or through email. Once or twice a year, they'll have coupons for $10 off your purchase (of course, your purchase has to be greater than $10). And a lot of times, there are shoes marked down with a yellow label at 80% off. So, I spotted this pair of shoes with a yellow label for $11.98. Luckily, I had a $10 coupon. So, you do the math and you get $2 shoes.

Let me tell you a secret - I don't ever go into DSW until they send me a coupon. And when I go into the store, I go straight to the clearance racks and look for yellow tags. I usually come out with a pair of shoes that are less than $10. Many times, I also come out with almost free socks or stockings.

The moral of the story is - Mrs. Y never pays full price for anything, and she has a good eye for super deals.

Disclaimer: We do not follow Jim Cramer's crazy advice on stocks even though some of his recommendations sound interesting.

Comments

  1. "All girls love shoes. Me, not so much."

    This is awesome! My wife, who is otherwise a very smart and logical person, loses her mind in the shoe section. It is like some type of drug or something.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts