Life is too Short to be Anything but Happy

Screen Shot 2014-02-19 at 10.16.27 PM

It is raining outside and it is dark inside the house. I got up as usual and started my day by searching for potential job openings in my area. I logged into my email account and found yet another rejection email. Life hasn't been that kind to me since the last holiday season. It has been taking me much longer than expected to locate my next job. It is a depressing thought from time to time.

On a cold, rainy day like today, the depressing thought of never finding something seems even worse. Then I read Mr 1500's newest blog post. Mr 1500 tells a story about a young mother with 3 children, who had been recently diagnosed with an advanced form of lymphoma. It is a form of cancer with a 50% chance of a 10 year survival rate. The young mother battling cancer shared the picture above.

BE CRAZY.
BE STUPID.
BE SILLY.
BE WEIRD.
BE WHATEVER.
BECAUSE LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE ANYTHING BUT HAPPY.

I vaguely remembered seeing a picture like this on Facebook, but did not slow down to read the whole story. I had been trying to see the sliver lining under my current unemployment situation, but haven't been in a good mood from time to time because of it. The message from the young mother made me realize something I had been missing.

I still have a roof over my head. I don't really have to worry about where my next meal comes from. I have a loving and healthy husband who has been very supportive through my not too successful search process. My family and loved ones are mostly in good health. We are still working towards the goal of early retirement, even though it is slowed down.

I should not have anything to complain about, or have anything to be depressed about. The search process might not be going as well, but life is still going on smoothly.

I learned a great lesson today. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Thank you Mr 1500 for sharing that story. It is truly inspiring.

The rain will stop; the skies will clear, and the sun will be shining upon us in no time.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but I'm happy if my post made you feel a little better. No matter what awfulness life tosses our way, there is always beauty to be found somewhere. I think it's all about being in the right mindset. We can either choose to dwell on the crap or choose to focus on what is good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts